How can you get your resume noticed by employers?
As someone who has reviewed over 60K resumes in 15 years… I can say without a doubt- most drive me nuts!
- There are no data driven metrics
- No accomplishments listed
- Spelling / grammar errors
- Job seekers don’t put their job title on the resume
- ATS requirements are not being followed
Seriously- I could go on all day long. I could probably even tell you what is wrong with a resume without evening seeing it and I bet I would get 9 out of the 10 things I mention RIGHT!
So what is the best way to get your resume noticed?
It’s actually not just one thing, or even a few… there are a LOT of factors that need to be managed, but it is not hard. PROMISE! 😉😉😉
- Stick with a classic format.
- Stand out with a great font (not Calibri or Times New Roman- EVERYONE uses those)
- Black font on a white background
- Use an executive resume format (it looks the best and kicks serious behind!)
- Put the exact job title of the job you are applying for on each resume to send in!
- Make sure to have your notable highlights brought out— that will help HR see how you are a perfect fit.
- When you write your resume make sure it fits totally to the job spectrum you are applying for. One resume can really do the trick if it is strong enough.
Aboveall, be as professional as possible and make sure your resume is a snapshot of you and everything you have achieved in your career – keep it relevant to the jobs you are applying for and I promise you will get noticed!
Awesome Freebie: You know once you have an interview you should always send a follow up letter right? Here is a FREE one for you that is EASY to tweak and you can use!
Amanda Goodall, The Job Chick
Want a FREE Resume Review & Consult with Me?
Upload your resume on my website and book an appointment too! Let’s talk!